Friday, January 3, 2020

XRS Rocket Racing Steve "Slick" LaPage with Blast Wall Review

Hey, guys! Today, I'm taking a look at the XRS Rocket Racing Steve "Slick" LaPage. As I've said before, I'm not the biggest fan of this Rocket Racing series. In my eyes, the cars just don't look right without their spoilers and with massive flames shooting out of their backs. When I first saw Steve here, before I opened him up, he was one of my least favorites in the series, but, I'm happy to say I am pleasantly surprised with the diecast..

Steve "Slick" LaPage works surprisingly well as a Rocket Racer. Unlike Lightning, he doesn't look too bad without a spoiler. His flames don't feel as intrusive, either, which is nice. I think this is because of the wider shape of the car. Every version of Steve has these really cool green foil sections, and this variant adds to this concept, having the fin on his roof and the "X" on his XRS logos be covered in green foil.









Steve also includes a "Blast Wall" accessory, and it's the same as the others, just with his own number and color scheme. I really like how each of the blast walls use a different color, and I'm excited to see what colors the other cars use.

In the end, this car turned out much better than I first thought, and, although I still would prefer it if his flames were removed, I'm fine with them being here, as I previously stated. He looks really cool, thanks to the green foil design, and is probably my favorite of the three Rocket Racers that I have opened and reviewed so far.

Since I ended up really liking this car, you may be wondering why I said I didn't like it before I opened it. Well, the reason for that is simple: the artwork on his cardback looked really unappealing to me, which is a shame, because Steve himself is pretty good. Anyway, guys, thanks for checking out my review, and make sure to check back soon for more posts! Bye, now!

No comments:

Post a Comment