Thursday, January 9, 2020

Blue Desert Haul Inngas Review

Hey, guys! Today, I'm going to be taking a look at the 2019 Blue Desert Re-release of Cars 1 Piston Cup racer Haul Inngas! I didn't get many of the Cars 1 Piston Cup Racers when I first started buying cars, so I don't have that many. That means that this release of Haul is my first diecast of him. It's also the first time Haul has been made in Thailand, instead of China, and he looks pretty good! But, more on what I think about him in just a minute.

Haul Inngas (Whose name is a pun: "Haul-in-Gas", as in to load gas into the car) raced for Retread in the first Cars movie. Sadly, Retread was cut from Cars 3, making Haul the sole representative for the sponsor in the movies. I really like his color scheme, it's unique, a very light purple (although it probably should be a tiny bit darker). He has a simple zig-zag pattern, which, in a very cool touch, carries over all across his sides and back. The pattern flawlessly moves across him, and I was surprised at how consistent it was.

Haul uses the body first used by Aiken Axler/Nitroade, and has the same exact expression as all of the other cars of that model. While that usually may come off as a negative, it doesn't really matter to me, as he was first released early on in the Cars diecast line, back when the expressions weren't as varied. Aside from that, and the eye plate that all made in Thailand cars have, I can't really think about anything negative to say about this car. And the negatives that I just listed are things that I really don't mind! You may say that his design is a bit dated or generic, but that's alright, he's from a movie that released in 2006. Of course his designs won't be as detailed as the ones in Cars 3! And that's perfectly okay. In the end, Haul Inngas is a very nice Cars 1 Piston Cup racer, and probably has one of my favorite colors schemes out of all of them. It's just a shame Retread didn't make it into Cars 3.

Anyway, those are just my thoughts, so let me know what you guys think in the comments! Thanks for checking out this post, and make sure to check back soon for more! Bye, now!

No comments:

Post a Comment