Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Corrected Terry Kargas Review

Terry Kargas, the Triple Dent Racer from Cars 3, 
was originally released on the wrong body 
(that being the body first used for Cal Weathers). 
In his Blue Desert single release, Terry has been 
corrected. This updated version of him uses the 
proper model, (first used for Brick Yardley) 
and also changes some minor 
things, so, let's take a closer look!

In the photos I've provided, the old, Cal Weathers model Terry is on the left, while the new, Brick Yardley model Terry is on the right. There are lots of obvious changes made to Terry thanks to him being on a different model now, (such as the different body shape, new rims, bumper, etc.) but I am going to bring up some of the less obvious changes. Terry's eyelids and front are are now a lighter color (although his artwork indicates that it should be much darker). 
The blue on his roof, sides, and hood is now much darker. Terry also sports a very different back design.

In the end, I think this is a great upgrade to Terry. I really like how it turned out, and I totally prefer it to his original release. But, most of all, I'm glad that Terry WAS fixed in the first place, as I'm surprised that this was even released. It's nice to know that Mattel/Pixar cared enough to correct him. In fact, in the last few years, they've been corrected a lot of their cars! Roscoe's size, Miss Fritter's stop sign, Ponchy Wipeout's eyelids, Brick Yardley's camera, Mater, Sally, and Fillmore were all updated, Smokey's shape, and Holley Shiftwell's paint job are just a few examples of updates in recent years. This is a trend that I really hope continues (the fixing of the mistakes, that is...I don't want the trend of cars with mistakes being made to continue). Anyway, guys, thanks for checking out this review, comment below and let me know your thoughts, and make sure to check back soon for more! Bye, now!

No comments:

Post a Comment